среда, 2 декабря 2015 г.

Current Events II

 When I was searching some news to write in this post I lost my courage because the information I have read just do not go out of my head. I had found an article in Wikipedia (can you imagine, the whole page in electronic encyclopedia!) about... deaths while taking selfie. People. Died. Because. Of. Taking. Self-portrait photograph.
  I still have no thoughts about what makes people do that. Desire of popularity? Habit to take photos of everything? Or may be just aspiration to demonstrate their followers something? The most resent accident which I found happened in November. Two young guys felt from bank and drowned in the Narmada canal in India trying to take showy photo. I am sorry, that it happens to young people but sometimes I feel like some of them in pursuit of likes and comments cease to think about anything.      
For example, these two girls died in head-on car crush because at the moment of bump they were taking this photo. Besides, they were driving to bachelorette party of one of them! 
  I understand that the cell phone is part of our today's life and that we cannot live without it anymore. Nevertheless, nobody could have thought that digital technologies, which are created to help people and make their life easier, may be so dangerous, though indirectly.According to statistics, more people died because of taking selfies in dangerous situations or places than by shark attacks. I suppose it is a real epidemic and threat. Addiction to social networks could have unpredictable consequences.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий